Shurflo srs600 replacement pump?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by FL-lawnjockey, Dec 7, 2011.

1. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Anyone got a lead other than from the factory? They wanted $156 plus labor to replace mine. I can buy a whole new unit for not much more. And I can definitely replace the pump myself.

I only got 15 months out of mine BTW. Used religiously every 6 weeks for 3-4 days at a time & only a gly/scythe mix. Cleaned thoroughly after each use & service says the valves are shot. (had to run it on 3-4 for any pressure)
    Maybe I just got that 1 outta 5000 that sucked....I notice Gemplers no longer carries them though.

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Take a look at Flojet pumps.
    http://www.dultmeier.com/products/search/7480
    Maybe they would fit your situation. Remember, sometimes the factory claims of performance of any pump are a bit optimistic, especially after a year of heavy wear, and a bit of wire corrosion. Or...if the battery voltage falls below about 12.5.

3. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We have about a dozen Shurflo SRS backpacks. When they fail, it's usually a bad battery or a bad pump. Sometimes the fuse, but that's easy. Every spring, we take our non-working SRS units to http//www: sprayers.com They repair the ones that are easilly fixed, but sometimes they say we're better off just buying a new one. Sprayer Specialtes charges about $190 for a new one, but I have found them as low as $169 on ebay -- free shipping & no tax.

Bottom line -- I would not consider any other backpack sprayer, cuz the SRS has served us well....even with the drawbacks they have.

4. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

Not sure if I'd buy another, to be honest. I mean really....
    15 months=68 weeks / every 6 weeks = 11.33 times it was put into service
    at about 4 days per = 45 days of total usage.
    Again this was for only gly apps in mulch beds. Not entire lawn apps.
    Sure it worked great during that time, I'll give it that. I'm just really disappointed in the reliability compared to the short amount of time it was used. More so the cost to repair/replace. I can't believe the cost to replace essentially a "throw away" pump is $150+

Sorry just ranting a little.

5. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

might look into the fastpac....

i think my srs is going to die this year seems like the pump is real weak this is the one i use for roundup only which i use maybe 6times a yr i am looking at the fastpac

6. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't found an issue with the pump on my unit, but the battery life is a little disappointing. If you leave the battery set for even a day or two, it drops most of its charge and goes dead on the first lawn you set foot on. Now thats frustrating. I have to remember to charge it every single day regardless of usage so that it is dependable.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

DA

Replacement Gel Batteries are only $ 19.00 and available at most Hardware stores or Batteries Plus. I spliced in a plug so I don't even have to remove the Battery when charging. I also Charge My Sprayer from my Truck Lighter socket.

9. FL-lawnjockey

FL-lawnjockey Banned

I looked at those initially but didn't see a lot of reviews anywhere about them. I did hear positive words about the shurflo so went that direction.

Looking at Fastpacs site I see they offer an extended warranty for a fair price. Hell even replacement pumps are only $79...About what I'd expect to pay for a non-serviceable "throw away" pump.
    I'll probably go that route after the holidays wind down & things get back to normal.

Thanks all.

10. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

let me know how you like it. i am looking at them also but it might be march or so before i get one...