Shut downs or employee no shows

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by 6'7 330, May 1, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Any body have a shutdown, or employee no shows due to the immigration demonstrations.
  2. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Around here there was less traffic in the morning but everyone was working.
    I didn't see anyone not working.
    Not many people at 7- Eleven
  3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

This A.M. on a local talk-radio program an LCO called in to say that his employees were (or FELT) threatened that if they worked instead of rallying today, trucks would be vandalized, equipment smashed and bodily harm done, seems the owner sent them out in the field anyhow...propably much ado about nothing.

4. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

all of these people gathering today in one spot, just waiting and saying here I am. Where is the INS now, how come my tax dollars are not at work for me when the getting is good?
  5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Just another Monday here as usual. :clapping:
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Had 1 go to O Town today .... but he asked Friday ... he'll be back tommarrow .... another had jury duty today .... which is scary as "Jojo" is not the sharpest tool in the shed ...but he can run an edger all day .... the other 3 got most of the daily route done ....n will make it up by hump day
  7. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I didnt notice anything different here. then again, I dont have employees either.
  8. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

3 white people were no shows. in fact i saw more mexicans working than whiteys today.
  9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Same here, just another day without the help I never hired.
  10. PTP

PTP LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

All of my employees (Hispanic or not) are free to strike whenever they want to. However, they must do it on their own time after work. If they did it during work, they might discover that their position was not quite as indespensible as they thought.