1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shutting down operations Oct 31st?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by David Haggerty, Nov 1, 2011.

1. This season I shut down mowing a little earlier. I mowed everyone just before servicing & storing the equipment. My son said he'd pitch in and service the few customers that have any leaves.

Anybody else stopping mowing this early?
  2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Supposed to be 60* today. Grass still growing. Trees full of leaves. Lots of work to do!
  3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Since no one really wants me to do leaves I think next week will be it for me. Waiting on spring '12.
  4. bmw5085

bmw5085 LawnSite Member

in eastern pa we usually finish end of oct- early nov. this year the leaves stayed on trees longer and it also randomly snowed last week so we are waiting to see what to do because it has never snowed like this before we extended the season with leaf clean up. were going to have to call customers and see if they would like us to do the leaves once the ground dries out or not. Crazy situation ive never been in before but im sure will work out. Im not shutting down and servicing equipment until i know 100% season is over.

We stop mowing last week of oct. Special projects and equipment shakedowns until cleanups start.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I'm done mowing for the season and I started doing fall clean ups.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Stopped mowing last week. If this snow melts I hope to get my fall clean ups done!
  8. jfoxtrot9

jfoxtrot9 LawnSite Senior Member

Joking, right?
  9. Nooo....But I am a little nervous about it. I figured if I cut them all just before Halloween they wouldn't grow that much more. Stay green maybe.
    Why? what are you thinking? Are you north of the bluegrass belt? I know you're up in the snowbelt.
  10. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

did my last leaf cleanup yesterday, started cleaning today to get ready to put all my equipment away for the winter. im getting my plow prepped on monday. let it snow!