Sick of Hustlers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Garth, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

We've spent over $11000 in repairs in the three years we've had them. I've heard good things about Massey Fergusons and Grasshoppers and Toro's but want to hear from LCO's who actually use them. Can't tell you my complaints because the last time I did that, the company called my CEO and made a complaint against me for spewing the truth.:angry:
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You probibly wont find anyone on here to tell you anything about the Masseys because their brand new. They havn't been out long. They are made by Iseki in Japan. They appear to be some very strong built machines and definately worth looking at.
  3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You have posted in the past about repair bills on your Hustler's.
    Here are the links to what I am talking about.
    In the above post you tell us you have 2 units and they cost you 22k each and had 8k in repairs.
    In the above post you tell us the mowers were 11k each and 15k in repairs, Yet, in todays post you claim 11k in repairs.
    If anyone from Hustler called the CEO of your company I am sure it was to find out what we could do to help, and find out what types of issues you are having.
    Our parts pricing is similar to other mfg's if not less.
    Please provide me with some details.

4. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

If you bought the hustlers new they have a 2 year warranty, therefore you shouldn't be spending much on them for 2 years give or take a belt and set of blades maybe. My super z is holding up great with about 350 hours on it so far.
  5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Try Exmark they are great mowers, also Scag, and Dixie Chopper
  6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

7. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Super Z and Hustler and my dealer have been great about the warranty. The bad is the warranty has been put to the test for I'd guestimate $2000. Wiring harness, 6 blade switches, a clutch and burnt a lot of turf. In defense it's a great ZTR and all the problems seem to be eradicated (wiring harness) even the burnt turf fixed with a heat plate. My only real complaint is they don't have a collection system for 60 in and above decks (9 buchel capacity is just not realistic on a 60 inch deck). The other small complaint is no 60in Super Walkbehind ( they say no interest) yet my post about a 60 in Super Walk sure had people veiwing. These are really easy requests but no go.
  8. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

he paid 22g for one hustler. yet i bought a 72 hp liquid cooled super z this year for under 9 grand out the door.. hey garth if your gonna have bs dribble outta your mouth at least get all your stories to match...
  9. Justcutitshort

Justcutitshort LawnSite Member

Mr. PJ,
    I have two LCO's in my area that run Hustlers, and they find them best of the best from a repair status. My neighbor, who is a town grounds employee, works PT for a LCO that has Hustlers, and says they never break compared to the other equipment the town public works guys use.
    Sorry, you seem to have a very unhappy owner on your hands.
  10. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Gee, Garth, somehow I just can't buy your stories. Since many of the manufacturer's use the same engines, drive components, etc. I can't see how maintenance costs would be that much different. Is your equipment being abused?