sick of summer yet?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Good to know your not getting complaints after 6 pm. The way I'm picking up accounts I'll have to start staying out later.

I gas up when I'm finished for the day. When I get back to the shop I check oil, tire pressure, sharpen and change blades, it's a nice way to unwind for me, plus don't have to mess with it in the morning can just hop in the truck and go.
  2. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I do the same thing. Everything is ready to go for the morning when I finish up at night. Makes starting the day so much nicer.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. BCL Services

BCL Services LawnSite Member

September has arrived friends!!! Only a month left to Oct. Yahoo!!!
  4. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I started mowing extra early this morning, I have a large account where the owners are up early so I started mowing at seven thirty... Feels good to get started so early, I'll be done by three today, which is seven accounts solo, one being a well landscaped once acre account that takes me about two hours.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

I do the opposite. At the end of the day it is soo hot I just want to get a shower and cool off. Since I wake at 4am to 5am I find it cooler to get equipment ready then. Same is true on my construction. Some of my accounts are commercial so I can start at 5am to 6am with no problem.
  6. bbdlawnscapes

bbdlawnscapes LawnSite Member

I have all my guys rolling out by 6:15am. I schedule commercial jobs 1st thing Monday-Thursday so I don't bother anyone being up that early. On most days we are at our first resi by 7:30-8. Ready to slow down though been a long, hot, wet season.