1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Poncho25, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

OMFG I got the Rotavirus last night and its still kicking my ass.....I never had this before. My son got it last week, who in turn gave it to my wife, who was not that bad, just had a little nausea, then after I was done yesterday with work, I felt all weak and flu like...then bam....it was coming out both ends till about midnight last night, and today is my busiest day! So i called all my clients for today and told them I will get to them tomorrow and Friday. But geez....this thing kicked my ass big time!!
  2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

suck it up and go to work you whiner :laugh: :laugh:

hope you feel better soon!
  3. Poncho25

LOL i hardly ever missed a day of work for being sick, but this just messed me up big time. I was going to work today but running to the bathroom every 10 min or so is killing me!! My doc just told me to drink alot of gatoraid today and warm coke (that helps the nausea). Other then that, he said that the worse is probably over after today!! Otherwise if not, I will have to get one of those bags you poop in :p
  4. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

I got that same thing last month the nausea should be gone by tomorrow. The good news is you will still feel pretty bad for another few days though!

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I just answred the "Time Off" thread--- seems it will fit here so I will just paste it---

What is time off????

And what is 4 weeks vacation?????
    Just the joys of being a solo self employed

Or Winter

Yep, working for "the man" really stinks- Sick time-- 4 weeks vacation-- steady pay check-- A PAYCHECK -- Health insurance-- Weekends off-- Nights off-- Can't see how anybody would put up with that
  6. Poncho25

Yeah I am feeling better as far as the nausea goes, but my arse is killin me!! Now I know why my 11 month old son would cry so much when he went potty, its not the action that hurts, its the clean up!!! I broke out in a sweat from the pain of just havin the toilet paper go near there!! worse pain I think I ever felt!! an I got tattoos under my arm in the armpit area, and I thought that hurt.....
  7. evergreenedmond

evergreenedmond LawnSite Senior Member

my brother in law told me to use baby wipes instead of TP & i'll never go back it takes all the pain away. Let me know what you think
  8. martinfan06

martinfan06 LawnSite Senior Member

Better get well soon man the grass is going crazy out here:dizzy:.
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Poncho, thanks for sharing that info:laugh: seriously though, when I start throwing up that is it, Im down for the count big time!! I feel rough for days afterwards, hang in there.
  10. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto-- Take showers-- Or just bring a book and stay:laugh:

Maybe this will help:drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: :drinkup: