1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

side discharge

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by METRO 36, Dec 24, 2005.

1. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

Does any one side discharge with a trim mower(21 inch mower)

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

Not I. All the mowers we have are mulch / rear bagger.
    One of the Huskys (POS) has an adapter but we have never used it.
    I feel that most of the time a 21 is being used in very small areas or parking islands or the side dis. would be a disadvantage. Just my thoughts
  3. METRO 36

I run snapper and toro trim mowers and mulch and bag only. I was just wondering if anyone discharged, just wondering because i can bag or put in my mulch plug and there is a side discharge adaptor i can buy but i never see any one around here using them. Is this a thing of the past???/
  4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

the only time i ever side shoot is on large comm properties where neatness dosnt matter. the toro shoot is almost worthless as it cloges VERY easily. the snapper shoot is awesume and turns the snapper into a stellar grass cutter
  5. METRO 36

are you talking abought a 21 inch or a bigger walk behind?????
  6. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a Toro 21" personal pace this year and also bought the side discharge chute because I side discharge for the most part, unless i'm bagging.