1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Side Discharging with a Toro, JD or Honda 21"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joed, Dec 30, 2001.

1. johnnywalker

johnnywalker Banned

I believe it is only avail. mail order from UK.
    Try this pic.

2. Redmowers

Redmowers LawnSite Member

My Proline is a model 22031 w/suzuki engine,1993 era. I believe with a full tank I could mow non stop 8-10 hours without refilling .I just wish it turned a few more RPM's seems to just idle.Compared to my old Jacobsen with the 501 this is too quiet!I may crank it up to a higher run speed this year to see what happens. I mulch most of the time with it only bagging in the fall for clean up. Never tried doubles on it ,but do have an atomic mulching blade on it now.
  3. crs

crs LawnSite Member

I have a Toro with the 2 stroke suzuki and have had to reset the governed speed almost every year since I have had it. (4? years)
    This mower will side discharge much better if the engine speed is where its supposed to be. A couple of hundred rpm really makes a difference on any mower because of the drop in blade tip speed.

I don't think this is indicative of a problem because most of my equipment seems to lose engine speed during the course of use. I assume from vibration and general wear and tear.

At any rate I have gotten into the habit of checking the engine speed at least once yearly to make sure I am getting the most out of my equipment.
  4. Redmowers

How do you check your engine speed? Do you have a tach or what?
  5. Redmowers

Oh and how do you change it ,spring move or mechanically?:confused: