Side Dump Trailer

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by IMAGE, Apr 9, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

I have a thread in the Trailer forum from building, but here is the finished product:weightlifter:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Looks Good.

3. IMAGE

from midwest

Thanks, it all started with seeing Sweet Taturs trailer, and a Midsota side dump trailer, I just combined the ideas.

Oh yeah with the two 1ton winches, both snatched back to themselves, it has 8000lbs of dumping power:weightlifter::weightlifter:

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Nice setup. Have you gotten to use it yet?

5. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Do you have to use a High-Lift or is there some other way to get to the dump bin? Looks nice congrats

6. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Looks awesome!! Are you gonna put something inside the dump part to protect the wood from moisture? Like the roll on or spray on bedliner?

Great idea with the winches too!! Hope you make lots of cash with it!!

7. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

That looks really good. Sure would come in handy alot. IMO, you could have picked a better color but it still looks good.

8. RWS

RWS LawnSite Member

Looks great good job.

9. IMAGE

from midwest

Thanks, Havent got to use it yet, probally next week.

Thanks! I will have to lift the bags over the top. From the deck of the trailer its only a 4 ft lift. I sure wish I had a high dump.

Thanks, I will be painting the top edge of the wood so it doesnt suck in moisture, but I didnt plan on more then that. The wood should last a couple couple yrs at least.

Thanks! The blue PVC was FREE, couldnt pass that up. But I did find out it expands in the sun, and makes it wavy, so I will probally redo it with black plastic next winter.

Thanks!:drinkup:

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

looks good. But when you dump make sure your hinged door is not touching the ground ,