Side slopeing with CTL pic's

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by minimax, Sep 18, 2008.

1. minimax

minimax LawnSite Senior Member

Here are some pics of that slope I said I would get some pic of when I mowed it again.Here are the pics of my Deere CT322 with the US mower on it "walking" a 40 degree slope.This thing sticks like glue on a slope.

2. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

The area's you mow do you get complaints of your skid tearing up the ground from turning? or do you have a system worked out that will keep you from tearing alot up?

btw nice pics...
  3. minimax

No I have not had any complaints about tearing up the ground that pieces of sod got tore up by the roller pushing a rock and not going over it.The weight of the mower lets the machine turn without tearing up the ground.

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Our takeuchi Tl150 would probably flip over on that angle. I've only had one time where i really thought it was going to go over but managed to pull it out.
    Does your tracks pop and make funny noises when on that steep of a slope?

Nice work.
  5. minimax

No the tracks don't pop or make any other noise at that angle.
  6. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

Minimax that is awesome! Looks like you're using that guy more than your mini. Do you use the CTL for other jobs too or you using that strictly for mowing?
  7. minimax

No I use my mini more that the ctl,I put 1100 hrs on my mini last year and I will put about 450-500 hrs on the ctl this year I think, along with 400 hrs a year on my cab tractor.And I use the ctl for other jobs than mowing.

8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That has to be hard on the back working on a side slope like that and giving you a chapped --- :laugh:
  9. Kepple Services

Kepple Services LawnSite Senior Member

I was mowing a retention pond for awhile with my T300 and I told them I was going to have to double the price to keep on doing it. Between the fuel increase(like everyone else) the wear on the U/C was incredible. I have to replace the left side rear idler now because its completely trashed due to the side loading from the ponds. I went around the ponds in one direction, and it shows badly. I just couldnt keep beating up the machine for what I was charging them to do it.
  10. jmf

jmf LawnSite Member
    from ny

Looks like you got a low center of gravity. My ASV is a little higher but the 20" tracks provide good slope stability. What kind of teeth are on your US mower brush cutter? Do you need to replace or sharpen them often?