1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Sidegate Trailer? Yes? No?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 8rickyj, Dec 18, 2010.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I like all the trailers

2. pinecrestwoods

pinecrestwoods LawnSite Member

There I go painfully painting 3 full color pictures for you, using only motor oil, red clay, and my own tears..... spilling my guts on my life story with this trailer, and you were just talking about the friggin trailer-to-bed ramp!?!?!?!??!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Just to try out the theory, I set a motorcycle ramp I have that fits in that opening, and it worked really well for another piece of equipment- an aerator, for example. Or bags of fert, maybe??? That trailer fills right up with my 9' Grasshopper, so real estate is a struggle.

Yes, I vote for mowerbrads trailer, too. Looks nice and stout. I won't even ask why it's yellow, because I'm sure he gets that all the time. (yust yankin yer chain, there Brad). *trucewhiteflag*

3. newjerseylandscaping

^^ sorry, LOL

4. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

2x4's. It's that simple. :)

I like MB's trailer but yellow? I'd have to paint it ASAP if I got one like that. It's like a big stick out like a sort thumb kinda thing so people can't miss it going down the road. And safety of course. Which leads me to think that's why it's that color.

5. 8rickyj

8rickyj LawnSite Member

Ok now I need a good brand trailer

6. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Almost every person that sees the trailer asks why it is yellow. Let me say that it isn't just yellow, it's actually JOHN DEERE YELLOW. I had it painted JD yellow to match the mower. Plus it turns heads going down the road or while at a job, so it makes for great advertising.

7. newjerseylandscaping

Its really a eye catching trailer.

8. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

Nice job ALC... Want to do another? :)

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

both of these are custom made

the orange one is freshly powder coated in this picture(awesome) and is an 18ft with full split gates in back and one single gate up front(side) i think it is a 54in gate on side. this trailer is from the early 90's!!

the second one is about 6 years old, is a 22ft with beaver tail, split ramp on rear and side, and the side gate is wide enough to load a 60in mower with a little room on each side.

both have electric brakes and two of the extra heavy axles and springs(cant remember the weight, maybe 6000lb axles each?)

jason trailer.jpg

ralph trailer.jpg

10. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome trailer! With the side door and tall side, does it work well when mulching beds.