Sidegate Trailer? Yes? No?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by 8rickyj, Dec 18, 2010.

1. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

nice now lets see it loaded p with equipment??

2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Can't really say, I just picked up the trailer at the end of September, so I really only got to use it during leaf season. But judging from the couple months of use I got out of it this season, it should do quite well anytime that I have to do mulch.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

no body likes my trialers:cry::laugh:

4. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Not true, I'd take the orange one in a heartbeat!

5. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Your 18' is almost like mine. I like to have everything on the trailer and a place for it. Nothing in the truck. I keep 3 trimmers, edger, hedge trimmers, pole saw, chain saw you name it. Don't like having to go back to the shop or make a second trip. Making everything on the sides (trimmer racks, boxes where they come off to haul wood, limbs etc)
    Just put chrome wheels and adding a large alum box and making some other changes. When I get done will post some pictures when I find out how to do it.

6. newjerseylandscaping

newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I like the orange one just fine, DId it come fromHD?

JK its cool

7. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

hahahha,

it was white originally, then it was painted to match the old truck that used to pull it, then it finally got the makeover you see. it was totally ripped apart and sandblasted, new tires and flooring and new expanded metal on ramps, then it was powdercoated including the axles and springs(black). we got all of that done to the trailer(minus the floor) for around $800. could not resist that price and the work was amazing.

it was done in like three days about 50 miles from here at a huge powdercoating business. totally awesome. it is very durable too, much better than paint and we plan on doing this to the 22ft black trailer next year and we have another smaller 12ft trailer that is also orange, but it was done with Kubota paint and it was more money and not as durable-----------go figure!

8. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

What I like better than the trailers is the jail located across the street. Very convenient providing you with a study flow of employees as they get released daily......:laugh:

9. Lefet

Lefet LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow! I was so busy ogling the trailer I missed the jail in the background!!!