Sidehitcher?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JHLC, Feb 19, 2007.

1. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has any info on the Sidehitcher? I had one given to me and would like to get an idea of what its worth, how well it works, that kind of thing. I do mainly maintenance, so I really have no use for it, but for free I could'nt pass it up. This thing has less than an hour on it. It threw dirt all over my feet the first time I tried it but after I flipped the blades around the right way, It worked perfectly. Thats probably why he got rid of it in the first place!
    Thanks

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

OK, never heard of a "sidehitcher".....What is it????????

3. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Yeah..........from your description I think of a little Mantis tiller

4. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

Sorry guys, Its a bed shaper or a bed edger. It's on a cart but can also be mounted on the side of a mower.

DSC00321.JPG

DSC00322.JPG

5. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

YOU HAD THAT GIVEN TO YOU?

Damn you are lucky.

6. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

I mean,

No it is a piece of crap and not worth a thing.

I will pay you $20 for the steel tho and recycle it. :)

7. gene gls

Never seen one before, not in my area. Looks like a light weight unit.

8. CSilverSprings

CSilverSprings LawnSite Member

If you are still out there...this was an old post. I am sure your sidehitcher still works though! The blades might have been put on backwards but I am sure you can contact the company directly for help. They have a website sidehitcher.com where i just purchased a newer model. It works great!

9. WGrnd21

WGrnd21 LawnSite Member
    from NC

THe sidehitcher is a cool concept but does not work well for smaller areas where a walk behing mower can not fit. i prefer the EZ trech.

10. gene gls

Echo has a hand held unit with a simular cutter head. It works good once you get the hang of it. Throws stones all over.