Sidehitcher?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JHLC, Feb 20, 2007.

1. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

I posted this in the landscaping forum but thought you guys my have some input as well. I had this thing given to me and I cant seem to find out any info on it. I found it mentioned in a few threads briefly but was wondering if anyone has any info on what its worth, how well it works, where to get parts, web site, ect. The unit looks like it has less than an hour on it. When I got it, the blades were on backwards, thats probably why the last guy was having trouble with it and gave it away. Any info would be appreciated.

DSC00324.JPG

DSC00325.JPG

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Wow! that was given to you? It looks new. Is that a Honda motor? I'll look around and see what I can find. Who CARES about the blades,...Geez, you can make (fabricate) something that would work, if need be...

Here is the phone number 845 564 6170.
    Also, here is a brief thread on that mentions one. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=64012

3. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

Its a 6.5HP Honda with less than an hour on it. The blades work fine now that I turned them over the right way. Before it shot dirt back all over my feet, now it piles it up next to the trench under the rubber guard. You are also supposed to be able to take it off of the cart and mount it on the side of a mower, I just cant find any web site with directions or even pics of how to do that.

4. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

Found a phone number in an irrigation mag for Sidehitcher trenching and edging systems while doing a search. 845-564-6170.

5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Hey, thanks for that number! :laugh:
    I just had to raz ya a little bit...since it's been a while since I seen you on! How have you been? Everything has been going good, I hope!:)