Sidewalks first...

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by jaclawn, Jan 22, 2001.

1. jaclawn

jaclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone else have any properties that have sidewalks that need to be shoveled out into the parking lot first, so that the plow can move that snow away?

I have a few places like this, and there is no place to put the snow from the sidewalks. It just seems backwards to me to have to do the sidewalks first.

2. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

Often we have to go back to clean up what our sidewalk crews pushed into the lot. However, they do call on the radio and tell us that they are doing it so we can go back.

This is where Vee blades make a big difference.

Comes with (some of) the territory.

3. diggerman

diggerman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah, everything he said.

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith LawnSite Senior Member

As John said, it comes with the territory. The few I have like this, I try to work on other parts of the lot, and in some cases, lots across the street, while the walks are being done. Ocassional, I do plow, then make a mess doing the walks only to have to plow it again. Since I don't have a V plow, it's a pain to have to do them again, so I try to shovel or use the blower first.

~Chuck

5. Aspen Snow

Aspen Snow LawnSite Member

We have the same problem with a few complexes. We usually will have a truck stay back with the shovels or the sidewalk crew leader does it with there truck. We have a small plow on a SUV that is for the sidewalk crew.