Sidewinder power rake by Turf Teq.

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by fortynorth, Oct 17, 2006.

1. fortynorth

fortynorth LawnSite Member

I know this has been brought up before but has anyone actually used this thing yet. I am really interested in one but the local dealer doesn't have one with the rake so I can't demo it. I don't want to order it for $5400 without knowing if it works decent or not. Any help would be great.

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I'm in the same boat.
    I rented one with the bed edger. Worked good on flat areas but not so good on slope areas. The unit wants to tip too easy. My rental shop doesn't have the rake unit either, and they sell the unit. Its a very nice multi tool power unit but expensive. I tried one out at a "feild day" event with the brush unit. Much better than my MB unit.

3. kozmo

kozmo LawnSite Member

I have been trying to get a demo for 2 yrs the companys that we used assumed we would by the unit by video only would love to get info.

4. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Same boat, Have almost pulled the trigger on one several times but I just want to demo one. Going to start looking into the ATI Corp model. Looks almost identical to the sidewinder. Lets see if they can arrange a demo.

5. fortynorth

fortynorth LawnSite Member

I always noticed the bedshaper would tip also when on a hill. I was expecting the sidewinder to be more stable since the engine sits further back but now I have doubts. I am planning on going to the GIE show in Columbus so hopefully I can run it there. If so I will post what I like and dislike about the machine. Thanks for the input.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not too sure of where Beavercreek is, but if you are in the mid east part of Ohio, I think Pitt Power is your dist. for the area. They can arrange for a demo. I just saw the rake demoed at Expo in Louisville, and was pretty impressed. You can get the rake for around 52-5400.00, and add the edger attachment for around another 2100.00. It did a nice job of leveling the soil back out when running the unit in reverse. It is pretty well built, just like the edger. The nice thing about the rake is it has a differential lock, which the edger platform unit does not.We are getting one in the spring directly from Pitt, b/c our local dealer wouldn't order one in to demo or put in rental rotation.If you have small lawns or inacessible areas for a harley rake, this looks like the ticket. We do a lot of hydroseeding and turf renovation, so I think this will be a worthwhile investment for us.