Sign Nazi's BEWARE

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by kipcom, May 5, 2005.

1. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

My daughter has started her own lawn service this year and is doing "VERY" well at it(she has a good teacher). The problem she is having is that someone keeps >>removing<< her advertising signs she has placed out in the local area. She has permission from each property owner to place the sign in its location so it is not them removing the signs.

Anyone else have this problem ?? I am told that there are "Sign Nazi's" that go around and remove signs because they feel its one of those enviromental issues.

I said to her WTF !!!! go campout across the street from one and kick their azz when they touch it LOL...... :cool2:
  2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

It is usually kids who do it. Happens all the time around election times, signs go missing and then of course the inevitible happens and one opponent blames the other. So I guess it could be your daughter's competition doing it possibly. I have never heard of the Sign Nazi's before. It is probably kids.
  3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Some people consider them "Road Spam."
    The other day I was moving a political sign that someone had put in front of one of my signs, and a car slowed down, watching me. That must have been his candidate. I put the sign back up, in a different place. Of course I left a competitor's sign where he put it, right next to mine.
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yep some our signs were missing too. At $4.40 a sign, it's not that bad when one gets stolen, but it's still irritating.

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Well , down here we have the code enforcement people going around and removing them. Some small towns down in Orlando the police do this also, and DOT will remove your sign if it is on the state rite of way.

Around the sanford airport they put up signs for flight training and were fined for each one that the police went around and collected.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Were they the wicket type signs, or something stuck to a telephone pole?
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Would be more than irratating if 50 of them mysteriously disappeared one week, huh Jodi?
  8. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

homeowners association manager asks me to remove any signs on association property. I feel bad removing someone's sign, but when a manager asks me to, I feel like I should remove them.
  9. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

I watched 3 signs get pulled up by "competing" LCO's. Not to worry they won't be around next year.

Even got an acct due to the guys stealing my sign. Weird twist of fate. He gave the client an estimate then on his way out stole my sign.

She then called me and told me about the other guy, with whiskey on his breath.
  10. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

People here don't use the signs that much, except for Tru-green. No one ever seems to look at them anyway. The writting is usually so small you'd have to be walking to notice. Most likely though it is some kids that are taking them. Probably going to put them on the fort they just built.