Sign o' the times

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Left the grocery store and saw this. I guess it has come to this.

IMG_0155.jpg

2. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

I've been meaning to get locking gas caps for our vehicles.

3. I wondered why this person chose this method over a locking cap. Being funny? making a statement? Letting other know gas thieves are out there? I used to put the pump in my truck and then go into the store to do my number 1 and/or 2 and buy a drink. Now I stand guard until my gas transaction is complete. We are now paying 3.99 for regular unleaded. I'm betting it hits 4.50 this summer. My credit card cuts off at 85.00.

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Chump change.

5. phlandscaping

phlandscaping LawnSite Member

Not to mention Diesel! About $4.65 around me right now pump cuts off at $75 and have to re-swipe. Prob about $120 to fill up F-250 needless to say it sits in the driveway quite a bit!

6. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

It probably *is* cheaper than a locking gas cap! And it does make a statement.

Right now, reg unleaded 87 octane is $4.29 a gallon and up. Last week I was in NJ and saw $3.97 a gallon.

7. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

its tough to hear about what you all are paying..

ouch..

8. S&MLL

S&MLL LawnSite Senior Member

Locking gas cap doesn't work. If you have ever lost your keys to your cap any pair of pliers will open the cap.

9. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

Now that most fuel tanks are plastic, thieves have just started drilling holes in the tanks and filling buckets. I'd rather that they siphoned the gas and didn't mess up my fuel tank. And for the record... about $5.70/gal for diesel here...

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

my old mand grew up in jersey city..

alwasys said

"locks are for honest people"