Sign on Truck AND Trailer or Just One?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by danslawncare, Mar 17, 2005.

1. danslawncare

danslawncare LawnSite Member

Do you guys have signs on your truck and trailers? I just have one on my trailer. I'm a small LCO 29 accounts. I need to expand by another 10-15 this year to pay for new toy.....647 quick track. Should I get a sign for my truck too?

JD ROCKS!!!!! :D

2. Edgewater

Edgewater LawnSite Senior Member

I vote for truck and trailer, makes you look more like the real deal, not just a fly by nighter.

3. TurfStriper

TurfStriper LawnSite Member

definetly put signs all over

4. By the Yard

By the Yard LawnSite Member

I have it on both, I'll post a pic later.

5. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

the more signs the better, i say! :rolleyes:

6. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

can you guys please give me an awnser. This year I'm going to be using my dads truck to pull around my equipment. 16' trailer, walker so on. I'm going to get my trailer lettered but was thinking of getting some magnets for the truck. since the truck is white it will be hard to tell that they are magnets. He says that if I letter the truck it will be considered commercial. so then you got to get commercial insurance on the truck too. But if i dont then its considered personal. is this true

7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

That would be a local question. I personally think just doing the trailer is fine.

8. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

Both truck and trailer, nothing wrong with being a traveling billboard :)

9. DiscoveryLawn

DiscoveryLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you are using the truck to make money It Is Commercial. You will need to have commercial insurance as well. If you have an accident while pulling a trailer full of commercial equipment...
    The insurance auditors are not stupid.

10. Greenside Landscaping

Greenside Landscaping LawnSite Member

in canada if you put company info on the truck you might have some problems with the MTO assholes. so unless you plan on saftying your truck every year dealing with getting a CVOR and commercial insurance i would just stick with doing your trailer.
    About DiscoveryLawns post if the truck is in your dads name and he has nothing to do with the compnay you shouldnt have a problem with not having commercial insurance