1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

signed up with paychex

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by CLARK LAWN, Feb 12, 2007.

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

i just signed up with them to handle payroll for this year. im going to strart drawing as weekly check through them also to help with taxes. rates seemed pretty good. anyone ever use them on here, i thought i read a thread about them a while ago but i couldn't find it.
  2. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I use them. They get expensive. There are a lot of fee's they don't tell you about up front. Such as postage for everything they send you. Also make sure you get registered as a seasonal business or they will charge you $35 each month you don't run payroll. Try to talk them down in price if you havn't. I was going to pay $28 a week and told them ADP could do it for less and they went down to $22 now. I only have 2 employees though. It normally costs between $120-$150 a month for Paychex for just payroll processing.
  3. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I have been using them for 3-yrs never had a problem. They even call me if I don't get my payroll faxed in in time. They have been very flexible I cant say enough good things about them. I go and pick my checks up because they are less than a mile from my office.
  4. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

I use them too. Like it was said the price is the only bad thing. It is nice not to have to worry about payroll.
  5. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

Highly Recommended !!! I had them for a few years and then switched to my accountants payroll. What a mistake!! Six months later I went back to Paychex and am very happy I did. No worries, for the most part they do it all.
  6. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

7. gqnine44

gqnine44 LawnSite Senior Member

Do you still have to mail your checks and fill out your quarterly paperwork for all the different agencies or do they cover it?
  8. daveyo

daveyo LawnSite Senior Member
    from N.J.

15.99/month how many employees? I checked out the site, are there any hidden fees?
  9. Kickin Your Grass

It's 15.99 for the first 5 employees and so much each employee there after. I never paid a dime more then 15.99. They have a promo going on where its free trial for 30 days.
  10. Kickin Your Grass

I write my own checks. All you do is log in and print the paperwork and sign it. It tells you how much to make the check for, who it's going to, and where to send it.