1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Signing PDF files created by Gopher help.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TriCountyLawn, Mar 30, 2012.

1. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I downloaded the Gopher demo and I want to be able to put a signature on my estimates. So once I save the estimate its in Pdf. Ive watched a few you tube vids however im not having any luck. Id appreciate any help on this one. Cant be too hard. *trucewhiteflag*

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Is there not a app to where you can sign something and covert it to a pdf file and put in on as your signature?

3. TriCountyLawn

The part where I believe im having a problem is that after its saved from gopher it says its says in the properties "signing - not allowed". I don't see anywhere in gopher where there is an option to change this. The customer returned it with a signature so I must be missing something unless its a photoshop kinda thing.

4. Mountain Peak

Mountain Peak LawnSite Member

It could be the version of Adobe you have. You might have to save the PDF in Gopher and then reopen it with Adobe to modify it. Just a thought.

5. TriCountyLawn

Yeah it looks like it takes their online service or the more expensive Adobe to mod or create a sig, Adobe reader alone wont do it.

6. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Use open Office.org's writer program. Great word processor program. It also allows you to save files as PDF formats. It is a free download.

7. TriCountyLawn

Thanks, I will check that out. I tried to pint,sign and scan but hit a brick wall trying to turn the scanned one into a Pdf despite being to scan straight to Adobe.

8. ptjackson

ptjackson LawnSite Member

kind of a round about way to do it but there are several iPhone/Ipad pdf apps that will let you "sign" or draw on top of the pdf. I also believe the built in mac pdf reader will allow this