Signs/Advertisement/Lettering

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Expert Lawns, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I'd like to see some pictures of trucks and trailers. I am looking into getting my stuff lettered next year and would like to see some examples. I already have a logo and would like to see everyones size, shape, color scheme's etc. Thanks guys.

Here's the truck I'm using. Feel free to give me suggestions on the size/color/location.

equipment.jpg

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Heres mine, I didnt want to put a huge logo on my truck, I was going for name regonition. They can look in the phone book if they didnt see my phone #.

ebay pics 134.jpg

3. Expert Lawns

Nice logo Ryan, how much did it run ya

Only one response? I know there are more out there. lil' help lil' help

4. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

First off IMO you need to paint the truck white. I do not think lettering/graphics show up well on red.

5. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Avery's got a good point, red aint real good in showing up loudly. I lettered my truck primarilly for appearance (image) reasons. I havent the need to advertise that much as we stay quite busy in season times. Here are some pictures of red trucks w/logos though.

1 ton dump.jpg

6. pjslawncare/landscap

Another one

snow plow truck.jpg

7. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

I diagree with lettering on red trucks. The best looking trucks in my area are all red with a white logo. Also look at Jim Lewis' trucks -- they are red and very sharp.

8. pjslawncare/landscap

Signs on trailer

trailer sign.jpg

9. Expert Lawns

The biggest outfit around here has about 30 red trucks and enclosed trailers. The lettering is green and black with white outlining.

10. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya' know, it seems as if it's easier to have good signs on Fords and Chevys. My Dodge, below, has contours that have caused my larger magnetic signs to come off of the doors. Arrgh! Some lettering doesn't show up that well on darker vehicles, such as red, but Turf Pro's logo shows up real well on that white truck.

sign_0001.jpg