1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Signs on open trailers??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Utility Dave, Apr 14, 2008.

1. Utility Dave

Utility Dave LawnSite Member

Who has sides on open trailers with signs on them.
  2. Utility Dave

if so how do you put them on spray paint????
  3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I was told that if I have signage on my trailer or vehicle, the insurance would cost more !!
  4. Utility Dave

I dont have insurens because im 12
  5. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Around here if you have all purpose vehicle insurance, you HAVE to have lettering on the truck. Not sure about the trailer.
  6. ezgoer1969

ezgoer1969 LawnSite Member

I have aluminite signs on my trailer, One big one on ramp, two on both sides toward the front. Driving billboard. Don't know why not many lco's won't do it. Cost me about $300.

Lifetree, my insurance company told me as long as the business is in your name, your insurance will cover at same rate. If you have a sign or any type of advertising that someone pays you for on your vehicle then you need commercial ins. Your higher payment might be the result of going with higher coverage if you were on the low side to begin with.
  7. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

8. CuttingEdgeTM

CuttingEdgeTM LawnSite Member
    from Florida

Nice signs and phone number!
  9. Double Cut

Double Cut LawnSite Member

Since you are twelve... what type of hitch do you have on your bicycle? I would suggest an aluminium trailer since it is lighter. Are your shovels wood or fiberglass? You seem to be a wood guy.

I would forget the signs and go with one of those hard hats with a siren on top of it. Put a piece of card board on your bicycle with your business name on it. How many playing cards are on the spokes of your bicycle?

Please post some pics! Sounds like a sweet set up!
  10. Utility Dave

haha i am gonna have one of my parents tow it for me and my shovels have wooden handes and dude were can i get a hard hat with a flashing light on top.*trucewhiteflag*