Signs on open trailers???

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by born2farm, Jun 30, 2008.

1. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey guys. I would like to do some advertising on my open trailer and would like to see some pictures of how you guys have put signs on your trailers. I am thinking about at least putting a sign on the rear gate but I dont know how to keep it from getting all beat up.

Ideas please!!!

2. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Here in Kentucky if you put any signage on a trailer you are required to have a license plate on the trailer no matter what size it is, it may be different where you are though. As far as the sign goes, get a piece of sheet metal the size you want and get vinyl lettering put on it, and just bolt it to the expanded steel on your gate, it wont get any abuse because it will be on the underside of the gate. Also vinyl lettering is professional looking and pretty cheap, a sign of around 3ftX3ft would run youu about $40.

3. born2farm

here all trailers have to be registered with tags to go on the road. i will have to look into the lettering for the rear of the trailer.

4. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

I just put my sign on my trailer yesterday. If I can figure out how to get pics from my phone to my computer Ill post some, or if I can find my damn camera lol.

I got a sign shop to make mine, it looks very professional IMO, I welded some tabs on the angle iron for the gate and bolted it on.

5. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

Dont see how to edit my last post. Hopefully this works

[​IMG]

6. born2farm

that is a nice looking sign if you dont mind answering. how big is it and what did it cost?

thanks

7. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

2'x3' I got a brother in law deal on it. Ended up being $100

8. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

Dakota R/T as a pull vehicle? :usflag:

9. white1

white1 LawnSite Member

No. Its just a 318 5spd with the R/T rims and a drop kit. Bought it just for this when my transmission in the Chevy went out. The Chevy is the ex race truck though:weightlifter:

10. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

As long as that thing has the limited slip rear and 4.10's in it, it should still move like a raped ape. :cool2: