signs on truck for part timer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by moaman, Nov 18, 2003.

1. moaman

moaman LawnSite Member

i mow part time i would like anybodies opion is it worth while getting signs for the truck so as to present the mowing industry in a better light than looking like a scrub im thinking of permanant signs on the truck

2. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

You're mowing part time for yourself right?

Some kind of signage would be a good business idea. You never know who's going to drive by or look out their window needing an LCO.

3. Hawkeye5

Hawkeye5 LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Goat. It also helps when you are driving around a neighborhood looking for an obscure address. Folks don't call the cops! On a serious note, magnetic signs don't cost that much and lend a degree of professionalism, however make sure you have a commercial auto insurance policy as many personal auto policies contain exclusions for vehicles with signs or logos for a business.

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

5. moaman

moaman LawnSite Member

thanks rustic goat and hawkeeye5 for your input i am a solo opertor mow lawns on top of my full time job i have commercial insurance on my truck so the signs wont be a problem

6. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I just received my magnetic signs from an online company in Florida. I priced around and found they had the best price for what I wanted. I couldn't be happier. $65 including the shipping for 2 signs was money well spent. And that was for the deluxe layout with 3 colors!

Here is a link. I had them in 3 days.

http://209.209.50.113/magneticsigns/gallery3.asp?category=ma

7. moaman

moaman LawnSite Member

thanks fuzzyone for the link its given me some good ideas for my truck signs they seem to make great signs pity they dont mail them to New Zealand

8. precisioncut

precisioncut LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a trailer? If so you could try what I do. I have permanent signs on my trailer and on my truck I have smaller window decals w/name and number. I'm part-time as well and the decals still get the name out when your not hooked up and they don't take up as much space on truck. And, if for some reason you deside to stop it is much easier to remove a couple decals on the window than a huge one on your doors.