Signs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by greengator, Feb 29, 2004.

1. greengator

greengator LawnSite Member

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW THE SIGNS ON THE TRUCKS AND TRAILERS HELP? DO ALOT OF PEOPLE CALL THAT HAS SEEN THE ADVERTING?CONSIDERING GETTING SOME FOR MINE,JUST CURIOUS THE RESULT.

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

We letter up our trucks not because we expect people to write our number down when they see our trucks.
    Instead, we do it for name recognition. The more people that know your name, know you're in business, the better it is for you.

3. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

Well, My view on that is if you do good work and the neighbor notices, they will look out the window and call your number.

As far as driving down the road, I dont get many calls.

4. BrianK10

BrianK10 LawnSite Senior Member
    from usa

Ditto

5. greengator

I HAVE BEEN DOING SOME MULCHING ALREADY,HAVE 3 JOBS THIS WEEK. WORD TRAVELS FAST THROUGH FRIENDS OF CUSTOMERS. WORD OF MOUTH. I MAY PUT SIGNS,LOOKS PROFESSIONAL.

6. mow2nd

mow2nd LawnSite Senior Member

I get a lot of my business now from existing customers as well, but u never know when the neighbor across the street is watching you. A lot of times they would rather call then come over and bother you.

7. greengator

THATS TRUE. THANKS FOR THE HELP. GUESS I WILL WORK ON GETTING SOME SIGNS MADE.

8. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

another option is the lawn-sign, they're pretty good to leave around the property for a day or two after completing a project. they also can help you target your area's as well.

ps, CAPS IS CONSIDERED SHOUTING!!

9. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Can you please take the caps lock off, unless you are intentionally yelling at all of us?

10. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I use truck lettering because it adds to company image. When people see your advertisements, they will remember seeing your trucks on the road. People feel more comfortable with a company that portrays a professional image IMO.