1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cutters edge, Dec 6, 2004.

1. cutters edge

cutters edge LawnSite Member

Just starting out, Going to get lettering on the truck. What do you think is best? Magnet signs, lettering on windows and what is this going to cost me average. Thank you in advance :cool2:
  2. captaingreen

captaingreen LawnSite Senior Member

I like the magnetic signs due to the fact I'm solo and my bus. vehicle doubles as a personal vehicle. I think I paid around $80 for a set of signs.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Get the truck lettered with vinyl....looks professional. Mine were about $70 per door. My logo and phone number with 3 colors. I think you could get a better deal than that. I didn't get any other estimates, but I will next time.
  4. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

5. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

OOPS...messed that one up....see reply inside of quote with the caps.
  6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

why would you not want to advertise your business when using your truck for personal uses????
  7. captaingreen

oh ya, another reason why I went with the magnetic is that I'm going to sell my 1/2 ton when it is paid off to get a 3/4 ton and didn't want to have to deal with the removal of the lettering and the fact that the truck would like kind of pale compared to the protected paint that would be under the removed vinyl letters, however my next truck will probably have vinyl lettering, I agree it does look really nice.
  8. captaingreen

Well you see when I go to the strip club every weekend......., no just kidding. That is a good point, but you'll see more of the reason why after I posted about getting another truck soon.
  9. Smithers

Smithers LawnSite Silver Member

if you even get vinyl or paint lettering, how do you take the letters off when you are going to sell the truck? is there special remover that will not harm the paint?
  10. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

if its vinyl i think you can just take a hair dryer or heat gun to it, peal it off, and buff out the residue, if its on a window do it with a heat gun and razorblade and some soap, and then buff out the residue. But im just guessing on how you would take it off, but I dont know for sure, im just taking an educated guess.