Silent partners? Good or bad?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Apr 30, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have an associate that i know that has approached me about being a silent partner in my company. This is only my first year but doing ok, but more money could def help me out. The basics of it that along with putting money in, h also has business that he can bring in as well, among alot and i mean AOLT of other end that he can get going in favor of the business, i.e. pavers, good freind owns a nursery and so on. He doesnt want to be involved in the day to day of the business just wants to put his money in and get his % back out of everything. My question is has anyone had any experiance with a silent partner? nad if so how has that worked out in the end? Good? Bad? Ugly? Any advice on this will really help. Thanks alot!
  2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Just keep giving him or her there cut and everything will be good. Miss a payment and well:hammerhead:
  3. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Slient partners can be in valubale if they truly know how to be slient. More often than not they will want to interfere. How I would go about it is to borrow money if needed and then re-pay him with interest. But also remmber he is going to expect something of you, expect him to make you money. I really would like to help people get going in business. I would like to take all the risk set up shop somewhere grow the business and have someone who will work for a set period of time and run things the way I want them ran then sell it off to them. and do it all over again, and again, and again. I like the joy of building something up.