silt fence repo ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Mar 25, 2014.

1. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

Get paid...Lien the property.

2. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really concerned about whats "right" . The law usually protects the criminal. As far as Im concerned I bought it wasn't reimbursed for it so I'm going to pick it up and when I am almost done someone will mysteriously call the grading inspector

3. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Even if you put a lien on the property you would not see anything until it transfers and the same owner has had it for years and is starting his own house.

4. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Did the guy say he wasn't going pay for it ( think that be the only reason to repo it )
    Or is the guy's money all tied up in the project and He hasn't got a pay out from the project

I know few times I did silt fence I always got 1/2 before the I installed it and the other half in 30-60 days think one time was 90 days
    But all the silt fence job I have done I always been the landscaper in the project.

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I had a customer bounce a check on a 5k sod install. I told him i was going to go roll it up and take it back so he paid. In reality you cant, its trespassing.

6. JNB Construction

JNB Construction LawnSite Senior Member

I'd rather get paid down the line than not at all. Tearing out the fence will result in never getting paid.

Liens do tend to get things moving. I've had to lien a handfull of properties in the past. I got paid on all of them. Years ago I had a know-it-all California lawyer refuse to pay on a concrete job. He loved the work we did but thought he was gonna play smart a** bad boy or something. :rolleyes: Threw a lien on the property and I got paid within a few days. The guy even apologized.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Here we only have 90 days to file a lien. I have heard of some in different parts of the County that file a lien at the start of a project and then release when you get paid.

8. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Don't think were allowed to do that in MD. You can file collections without a Leon
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. turboawd

turboawd LawnSite Member
    from midwest

i like your style.

10. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

very true.. it sucks getting burned but you'll be in more trouble. idk if you have a contract or not but if you remove the fence and they possibly get fined or worse yet damages occur from sediment leaving the site I would assume you would be on the hook for that because you created the issue.