silt fence repo ?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Marek, Mar 25, 2014.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

because for every one landscaper that has this position (the right position btw), there are 20 others who are willing to extend credit just to get the work.. never going to change!

2. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Take your fence back.

I had a client refuse to pay for a retaining wall and some gravel bed installs at an apartment complex he was trying to sell. I went on open house day when all the realtors were there and started demoing the wall with a Bobcat crew and yanking plants out.

This was, of course, after every single attempt at being civilized and trying to collect the balance. Finally, the time for diplomacy was up...

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Did you read the thread? Lol

You can end up costing yourself a lot more than what it is worth doing stuff like that
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You're from Texas and in being such you're fully aware that you were in fact trespassing and could have been considered an armed invader. Anyone with the balls to destroy another's property and jeopardize his guests safety could have been shot graveyard dead and the owner would have prolly only had to answer a few questions.

I'm on your side (having lost a ton to bankruptcies but) two wrongs won't make these things right.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Yea they could have buried you with your bobcat. I doubt this actually happened though you sure seem cool on the internet.

6. PetersPatioLandscape

PetersPatioLandscape LawnSite Member

I had an attorney write up my contracts and he put this section in there for issues like this.
    6. Contractor’s Property: Until payment is received in full by the Contractor from the Owner; all materials, drawings and specifications, if any, remain the property of the Contractor.

So basically I own everything until I am paid in full and since it is my property I am allowed access to it. That is how he explained it to me. I haven't had to worry about it yet... Knock on wood...

7. whiffyspark

Doesn't matter what you're contract says. You would be trespassing the minute you set foot on someone's property
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. FoghornLeghorn

FoghornLeghorn LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Are you a property law attorney, or a landscaper?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Posted via Mobile Device
    Wow

10. whiffyspark

You're in Texas. Go ahead and try it and see what happens.

And I'm neither. I'm a businessman that covers his ass. I know damn well a contract is not worth the paper it is written on. If you're on someone's property uninvited you're trespassing. End of discussion
    Posted via Mobile Device