Silt Fencing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Raven386, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I just got a call for an install of about 200ft of silt fencing. this is the first time i will be doing it but the client said he will help w/ first section and then he has to take of to meetings. i know the basics, 3-4inches into the ground and stakes 6-10" apart. how much should i charge and how long am i looking at? ( assuming no set-backs, rocks etc..) cant mow so i figured, gotta do something else besides off-road!! Thanks in advance!

2. Raven386

from CT

hope i posted this in the right spot, sorry if its not!

3. mow king

mow king LawnSite Senior Member

I'd guess about 6 hours if it is your first time.

6 times your hourly rate.

4. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

1.50 a ft is what it goes for here for that distance, good luck bud.

5. Raven386

from CT

really 6 hours? i dont mean to contradict you but i was thinking more like 2 maybe 3 with 2 people doing it. more time = more $$$

6. Raven386

from CT

Thanks for the info!

7. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

well isn't 3 hours with 2 people doing it is still 6 hours???

8. Raven386

from CT

see this is why i chose lawn care. no math involved! lol. well it turned out being just me... and more than 200ft maybe around 275-300. got the majority of it done today i have about 50ft or so to still do... 8am-2pm. not too bad for my first time id say.

9. Raven386

from CT

thanks for all your help!

10. grassy

grassy LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

How are you getting it in the ground? 3-4'' is not deep enough? Who are ya tryin to fool? Not the DNR I hope. It should be in at least 12'' deep with 24'' minimum above ground. Steel posts every 5-7'. Yer not using landscape paper too, thought so, aw c'mon do it right like the rest of us have to.