Silver Creek

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by ParkviewNursery, Jun 15, 2009.

1. ParkviewNursery

ParkviewNursery LawnSite Member

Heres a job in progress.......rain today is holding it up, my only thing is i know the lights arent attached yet, the reason why, is i am not happy with the look of the round versus the square look. let me know what you think. she wanted three steps......so no comments on that tripper step.

893.jpg

894.jpg

895.jpg

896.jpg

2. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

I know you said "no comments" about the "tripper step", but since she wanted three steps why didn't you take the elevation and divide it three ways evenly so that you have three steps that are consistent???

3. ParkviewNursery

The main reason why is that there is an exising concrete step under the final step at the door. Also to keep grade out of the back corner by the door it needed to slope out and away. I had 16 5/8" in differences from FFH to the grade of the driveway. It is what it is ........

4. CertPro

CertPro LawnSite Member

I think it's incredibly dangerous. Imagine coming down those steps...it's like an optical illusion.....where does the next step start? there is no real deliniation.

5. cudaclan

cudaclan LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

I would not like to shovel snow (steps) with the current light arraignment.

6. ParkviewNursery

Optical illusion is what he wanted, he was an art professor at a college here.........its not as bad as it may seem

7. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about this , but I like the round lights, and I would have extended the stone out about two feet on the left of the steps also with the boarder, instead of the dirt.

8. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

what's that bottom light really gonna do? Its like 1/8 off the patio. This winter when it freeze/thaws it could come right off.

9. Mid-Ohio Scaper

Mid-Ohio Scaper LawnSite Member

I like the idea.... Just not liking the uneven steps.
    Have you ever tried Integral lighting?? I think with the limited space you have on the risers it would not only look better, but work a bit better too.....JMO

10. FYS777

FYS777 LawnSite Silver Member

all in all I think the work you did is really good!!!!!!!!!