Silver Eagle

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Dec 17, 2004.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

I was wondering if someone has the price of the Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 20HP and 44" Cut

2. MowforMoney

MowforMoney LawnSite Member

I don't, but I love those machines, I actually prefer mine over my coatsville classic.

3. splatz100

what size do you have?

4. MowforMoney

I have the 50" 20hp I love it does just as good as a job as my coatsville, I actually prefer it and for some reason I like it better, Don't know if it is because I got it before the coatsville or what But it is my first choice no matter what. Any questions and I would be more then glad to help you

5. splatz100

if you dont mind how much did you pay for it?

6. MowforMoney

It was just over 5 grand, My coatsville was just barely over 7 grand

7. splatz100

doesnt it come with a homeowner warranty though?

8. mownlawns

mownlawns LawnSite Member

Just a suggestion, but I would recommend "stepping up" to the X2001-50 rather than a Silver Eagle. The Silver Eagle is not a commercial model. The machines are essentially the same with the exception that a X2001-50 has the dual loop hydraulic system and a manual deck engagement. The price difference at the time I purchased mine was less than $500 and the dealer threw in an OCDC on it making the difference less. Check into it. The manual engagement on the deck is less costly to repair and there is less stretching and wear on the belt. Just my opinion! :waving:

9. splatz100

ok

At my dealer they really arent trying to sell the Dixie Chopper's. He was trying to push me more towards the Gravely and the Hustler. He even let me drive the Gravely but didnt even really talk to great of the dixies

10. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I agree, i'd step up to a Coatesville Classic X2001-50. For a few hundred more its worth it because its a commercial machine and doesn't have an electric clutch to enguage the blades.

If your dealer won't let you drive one and is trying to interest you in other mowers them he's a bad dealer and you'd be better off going somewhere else.