1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Sim/Ferris Derby, any owners? Good price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tremens, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Tremens

Tremens LawnSite Member

I purchased a used Green 2003 Simplicty (Ferris) Derby with 220 hours on it last week for $3500. I got verification from the VP of Engineering at Simplicity that it is "basically a true commercial unit with some minor tweaks to make it more consumer friendly." I have 30 days to try it out...

1. Is this price too high (as someone else had noted)?
    2. Any other Derby owners out there that can share experiences?

2003 Simplicty Derby 2148
    21 HP Briggs, V-twin
    Dual hydro pumps
    48" fab. deck
    Serial number plate states "Ferris" and says "built by Ferris, a Simplicity Company"
  2. mow4fun

mow4fun LawnSite Member

I think it is on the high side for 220 and 3 years old, brand new is about 4300.
  3. Tremens

Tremens LawnSite Member

Thank you for your reply. However, on the Simplicity site, the Citation MSRP is List price range: $5795 to $6495.

When you say $4300, are you speaking of the Consumer-Z (which this is not) or have you seen the Citation around for $4300. If so, I would be very interested in knowing this.

Thanks again!
  4. beran34

beran34 LawnSite Member

I have a derby, and i am very pleased with it it is very nice and built very well.