simple design feedback

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by Turfdoctor1, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

2. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

I like the 04 one... when you get a good pic of same property (or other) with green grass put it up as the header. Main reason I like it? The orange/yelloe menu pops better

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

The two designs are identical with 2 exceptions, header image and left block background. Are we supposed to be comparing the two or just commenting on the layout?

4. Turfdoctor1

Turfdoctor1 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks JD. huh, i'm surprised you like the one with the yellow better. By the way, I appreciate your help a while back. I ended up throwing something together myself for the time being. Now have a cheap designer working on this layout.

I have no good photos, and my grass is dormant right now, so that is causing an issue, hence the dormant photo.

Kiril, I realize they are the same design. you get what you pay for, and i'm cheap. I'm just looking for feedback on things like color, font, headers, photos, banners, comment box, etc.

any constructive criticism is appreciated.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Design is good, colors are not bad. It seems the color choice on the block was due to the header image.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

i like it.. colors & layout look good. Will it be centered on the screen when finished?

7. greenbaylawns

greenbaylawns LawnSite Senior Member

Cool name Site 4 looks good

8. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree that the first one looks great and the contact form "pops" which is great. The header banner looks like construction more so than turf maintenance to me though. I see that you're showing the problem and offering the solution though. Pretty innovative if it keeps the user aboard for a couple seconds.

9. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

BTW.. I like the gold contact from the first but I like the brown buttons from the second.

10. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Glad you got things worked out Turfdoctor. Looks like you got a good designer.