simple maybe stupid question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by oneandonlyjojo, Sep 25, 2004.

1. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

when some of you post saying u want to bring in atleast $60 an hour or man hour. are u talking about going into your pocket or talking about before paying employees and taxes... etc.

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

$60 per man hour would be the gross, That is the amount you would base your price to the customer at. Remember that you need to have a minimum for different job types, and these minimums will actually gross you more then $60 per hour. Example, Aeration is $60 minimum for us, that job may only take 15 minutes. Same with Shrub work.

3. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

Exact words that soupy said :drinkup:

4. oneandonlyjojo

oneandonlyjojo LawnSite Member
    from NY

alright all i needed to know cause i was going to say $60 in pocket should never have u complaing. now its cleared up

5. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

A few weeks ago I had a guy install a new element in my oven.
    He just fixes appliances...not a plumber or an electrician.
    He was in my house for 9 minutes
    CHarge was $45 to show up, $50 to install the element plus the cost of the part. The service call he had b4 my house was within 3 miles of my address. So, he has about 15 minutes invested in my service call and he walks away with $95. Do the math on what he could gross in one day.
    Little Ford ranger, a few tools, and off he goes to the next service call.

I offer this as another example of why we are worth every penny we charge...and then some when you consider the investment we have in equipment and vehicles/trlrs/tools/machines/insurance/ etc.