Simple Question (for those that have been there)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tbarchaser, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Tbarchaser

Tbarchaser LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Has anyone been able to fit 2- 36" toro t bar fixed deck gear w/b on a 10' trailer? I only have one right now but I will be buying another one in a few weeks. I was just in the garage with a tape measure trying to figure it out. But the way the casters interlock (or not interlock) I really cant tell...it looks real close. I think they will fit backwards but that looks like a pain in the *****.

Who has been there? Oh 10' 1 5/8" That is the exact length. Any input would be helpful. And "yes" mowerman90 you can say, "I told you so" I should of got the 12' 3 weeks ago when I bought this 10 footer.

2. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

How wide is the trailer?
    I can fit 2 johndeere 36" sideways in my 6.5'x12' with the guards down

3. Tbarchaser

from Florida

only a 5x10 :confused:

4. Haley Lawn Care

Haley Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

I used to have a 5x10 trailer and I put my 36 toro and my 48 bobcat on there. The toro was loaded at an angle-like aiming for the corner. The bobcat went straight in. Seems like the only problem was getting them strapped good so they wouldn't move much every time you hit a bump.:D

David

5. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

Are these new style or old style Toro's? The new ones are about 8" longer I think, which adds to the mix. You might have to back them both on so your tailgate can close. I can put 2 old style frame Toro's pulled on forward, and a lawnboy sideways behind them, on about 13' of trailer space. If you take of the lawnboy that subtracts 2', so now you're at 11'. They should fit if backed on, but no room for anything less. Floating decks are always pretty long. I could fit 3 Snapper 48" fixed wb's front to back in the same space as 2 Toro's.

6. Tbarchaser

from Florida

One is a 2003 and the other is ? 5 or 6 years old maybe. Maybe I could build a side ramp?

7. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Tbarchaser, You don't need a side ramp to put one sideways. I use a 12 ft trailer and I put my 36" Toro on first sideways, Then I drive My Dixie Chopper straight on. To put the Mower on sideways just stay all the way to the left then turn it towards the right front corner. Then jump up on the side rail and give that mower a hip toss :)

In this picture I had my Dixie on sideway also. That's because One of my parking breaks were broke. I also have my Toro facing the opposite direction then I subscribed above. I added my Trimmer trap and blower rack since that picture so I keep Toro facing the other way now.

8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I used to have a 5x10 trailer and could put a toro 44" and 37" floater on together. I can't remember how I did it, though.

You can tilt one mower up and hang the front of the deck over the front of your trailer rail and fit both, but you might risk some damage unless it's strapped down good.