Simple sod pricing question. . .

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Pecker, May 11, 2006.

1. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

How much would you charge to install two pallets of sod if the ground were already perfectly prepared and ready to go. Your price includes materials ($260 = 2 pallets @ $130 each), transporting the pallets to the jobsite, and laying the sod. Thanks a million in advance.:clapping:

PS: I'm in north Louisiana.

2. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

4.50/roll so assuming each pallet is 60 rolls... 120*4.5 = 540.

3. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

A guy I know just paid $4200 for 17000 square ft. He had done all the prep work, so the $4200 was just for material cost and laying it out. It was a 80/20 mix of blue grass and fescue.

This sounded way cheap to me, but dunno ..never did sod myself.

4. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

****** how far do you have to travel to install? How many billable man hrs, plus sod price. not enough info. price to install 2 skids close vs. maybe 1hr travel each way are like night and day.

5. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

$130.00-150.00 per pallet installed no prep work. Each pallet is 450 sq ft.

6. Pecker

Twenty minute drive one way using my own truck and trailer. Sod price is $130 per pallet. I'll be working solo.

Also, thanks to everyone for your input! Please keep it coming. . .

7. Pecker

$130 would only cover the price of the sod itself in my case. How would you charge installed if you have to pay $130 per pallet.

8. Pecker

I'm not familiar with rolls, these are rectangles. . .

9. Armadillolawncare

Armadillolawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I pay 80.00 per 450 foot pallet of St Augistine grass. I can install a pallet an hour usually so that is how I come up with 130.00 per pallet. Depending on the situation (long walk, etc)I may charge more or less.

10. jas4906

jas4906 LawnSite Member

Charge them $0.10 per sq./ft, if you don't need a wheelbarrow.. If you need a wheel barrow charge them.. $0.125 per sq./ft. You should lay both pallets in one hour. Yesterday, I layed 64 with 4 guys in 8 hours..