Simple way to clean your deck or change blades for your ZTR.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4.3mudder, Aug 1, 2009.

1. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Genius!!!!..............

2. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

How do you do that?

3. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Toro Z Stand..

It is simple, safe, and compact.

You can not beat it.

As far as Kubotas, when I had my ZD28 I did not like having to "hand spin" the front end up every time to get under the deck.

I guess the Z Stand just has me spoiled.

4. lilwill12

lilwill12 LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Come on bud, I mean really...read the post below and at least consider changing your mind. Yes I know a hi-lift jack was not used, but an unsafe lifting/jacking procedure was.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283623&highlight=accident

Will

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

I'd put a jackstand under that left side 4.3, the guy that did all our hauling was sharpening the blades on his bush hog that was still on the 3 point of his tractor when the hydros let go and came down on his chest choking him.

Just be careful, wouldnt want you to get hurt doing a simple task..

6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

This method doesn't seem safe too me, couldn't the mower just roll off the side of the ramp? Or is there enough weight on the ramp to to keep this from happening?

7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Only problem with that method is it puts the mower outside , not in the garage where I want it.

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I think we all hope he recovers, I know I do.

I used the gate on my trailer the first year and now use a floor jack with a lift arm I made. It works great. I do need to slow down though. The last time I changed blades I didn't use a jack stand, was in a hurry and needed to get stuff done. I'll use this as a reminder to ALWAYS have the jack stand under the deck.

9. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Too much weight at the back wheels for the mower to tilt to one side. Matter of fact, I could stand on the edge of the deck that was hanging out in the open and not get the mower to really move much at all. I weigh 180, the mower weighs 1100.

10. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

If it wanted to roll off, it would tend to move to the left and not to the right. when I drive it up, I have to keep the control arms in to keep the mower, and pull the brake. If I let go of the control arms, the mower will start to roll backwards and to the left.