Simple way to clean your deck or change blades for your ZTR.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4.3mudder, Aug 1, 2009.

1. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

That's how i've always changed the blades on my midmounts. Works pretty good. I always choke the back tires with a 4x4 or couple of bricks though. If you jack them up, like someone else said, make sure you use a jackstand or slide a spare tire and rim under it in case it falls it won't come all the way down on you.

2. GOOSEHANSON

GOOSEHANSON LawnSite Member

My trailer has removable side ramps that second as sides...works really good for that purpose...having one side of your mower teetering doesn't look too safe in my book

3. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Which guy are you talking about? The guy I spoke of died with in minutes sadly, he had time to call his mom to tell her what happened and to say I love you..

4. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I am guilty of using the ramps while changing blades a couple of times. Remember though that those ramps are attached to the trailer and there is normally some sort of weld with a hinge of some sort, and welds break....

On my Isuzu the weld broke last week on the right side of right ramp (has split ramp) from where I have just loaded/unloaded so much and it was weekend.

5. Edzel

Edzel LawnSite Member

This is a very good idee IS SHOULD BE STANDARD AND SECURE.. how many time we came close to get jam...

6. honeydopm

honeydopm LawnSite Senior Member

This works with most of my mowers except i cant get to one blade on my Stander with my impact so i have to use ratchet. Definetly saves some time but i put a jack stand on one side for extra protection.

7. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Someone mentioned welds breaking and such, on this, I have this one piece ramp, but also 2 side out ramps. There is a solid rod that goes from one side to the other. When this ramp is down, it literally sits on that rod, so if a weld or 2 or 3 broke at the hinge, the gate will stay on that rod until movement of the ramp.

8. Mowinforaliving

Mowinforaliving LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here. I just pull it up, change 2 blades, back it off, move to the other side, pull it up again, then change that blade. I don't ever get under the deck with more than my arms just in case. I also slide a spare tire/rim under it too, in case something does break and fall.

9. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i saw this at the GIE Expo and loved it. all universal, great if you have more than one mower, safer than the tailgate. i've been meaning to order one since last october, and have been too busy, and this thread reminded me to get one.

check it out!!

www.theezlift.com

the plate on the floor stays, and you can get a second plate for your trailer. the arm on the mower is universal too, the only part that stays are thesmall brackets on either side.

10. 4.3mudder

4.3mudder LawnSite Silver Member

Now that's nifty.