Simplicity 1534 vs Quick 36

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dpullen4, Apr 29, 2005.

1. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I saw the Simplicity mower today on sale for $1999. This is the same price as the Quick 36, which I haven't seen, but I'm really considering to replace my 21" Honda.

The Simplicity has a 15 HP B&S intek, while the Quick 36 only has 13 HP B&S intek. Both have electric starters and are singly hydro. The Simplicity has a variable height(from looking at it, it's crank operated so you have much more flexibility), whereas the Quick 36 has just 7 settings(1-4"). The Simplicity seems to be a VERY bulky machine for just a 36" mower, whereas the Quick 36 seems to be more compact.

I'm intrigued by both, as both seem to be a good value. Any suggestions with regards to how nice they cut?

2. Media Lawnscape

Media Lawnscape LawnSite Member

I can't speak about the Quick 36 but the Simplicity uses a homeowner deck like on their lawn tractors which is pretty light duty. Ferris has a mower just like the Simplicity but with a heavier deck and Kawasaki engine.

I'm not a big fan of the Briggs Intek engines either as they have had more than their share of problems.

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

The quick 36 is more compact because it is a 3 blade 36" deck.

Personally I don't think a person can go wrong with a Simplicity anything....
    Quality stuff that cuts great.....

But many will come here and say that the deck is thin, ect... but to me that matters little if you use it yourself with care.

4. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

That's just it...the deck did seem to be pretty light weight when put next to the Scag and Ferris.

5. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

So I guess the question remains of... do you want to pay for a Scag or Ferris wb?

Not a fair comparison in any catagory....

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I highly recommend trying both mowers on hills before you buy either. My Ferris SD36 is difficult to operate on steep hills (over 20 degrees) to the point that I just bought a GD36 to go with it. But the mower is great on slight inclines and the flats. It will also mulch like I have never seen and I had a Exmark prior to buying the Ferris SD.

7. dzd9fy

dzd9fy LawnSite Member

I think the Simplicity might be a better deal, from what I have seen at the local shop. Where are finding it for $1995?

8. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I saw the Simplicity at a local Ace hardware store in Greenwood, IN(south side of Indianapolis).