1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Simplicity 1900 series hydro pump

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by dutch1, Jan 10, 2006.

1. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Looking for a Duetz-Allis(Simplicity manufactured) shop man who can give me some guidance. I'm sorry that I can't give you any ID numbers other than what I ran across on simplicity's site. That ID number is 1691024.

What I am wanting to know is the best procedure for replacing the input shaft seal and the control arm side seal in the hydro pump. It ould appear that one has to remove the frame to transaxle bolts, control arm dampener, control arm linkage and the two hydraulic lines leading into the pump. Then the transaxle should slide out the back side of the frame. Any input is welcomed.

Simplicity's web site shows a parts breakdown but no repair information. Any shortcuts known by a Simplicity tech would be appreciated.

I have spent several years as a tech in a repair shop but nerver had the occasion to encounter any Simplicity equipment.

2. Smalltimer1

Smalltimer1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Check www.simpletractors.com and join the forums and they can help you out. I'm a member there, but I currently do not have a AC/Simplicity tractor to look at for reference for you.