Simplicity and Wal-Mart good read

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by grassyfras, Mar 29, 2006.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Guys this is a long one but I'll sum it up for those that don't want to read it.

Simplicity bought Snapper some time ago. CEO of Simplicity tells Wal-Mart people no and pulls all snapper mowers from Wal-mart to keep a good product and to help independent dealers. Pretty cool if you ask me. He lost 20% of his sales right there. And Oh ya he was going to tell them he was pulling the mowers and Wal-mart wanted to go all out head to head with Homedepot.

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Man, where have I been? I didn't know Sam was selling Snapper mowers !! :usflag:

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Yep.....but it is far from current news as it was 3 years ago he did that......

4. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

LOL..........:hammerhead:

5. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL sorry guys. My brother sent me this. I thought he knew everything.

6. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Don't worry dude several other guys have also posted it on here over the past year thinking it was current also. :waving:

7. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i would NEVER buy a mower at wal-mart. i support my local dealer. but i would pay $750 for a mower from my dealer rather than the same one at wal-mart for $500. i hate wal-mart. besides, shapper would have to come out with a cheaper series for wal-mart, like john deere for home depot

8. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah, I hate it that Deere does that. . .

9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

snapper, simplicity, walmart, home depot john deeres ........all junk anyway