Simplicity Broadmoor vs. JD LT180

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by melmel, May 23, 2004.

1. melmel

melmel LawnSite Member

Hi, I'm new to this and am not in the commercial end of your business, but am looking at the best lawn tractor for me. I have about 1 1/2 acres of flat land, with about 40% of it small trees. In the summer, the grass becomes slushy for 2-3 months (this is Florida!). I've narrowed down my choices between the JD LT180 (with 17 HP v-twin Kawasaki) and 48" deck and Simplicity Broadmoor (16 HP--either B&S Vanguard v-twin OR 16 HP Honda v-twin) and 44" deck. I like the tight 14" turning radius of the JD (the Simplicity has 18"), but I do like the Automatic Traction Control of the Simplicity.

Would love to get some professional opinions out there on their thoughts just between these two (engines, quality of construction, quality of cut, etc.). Simplicity is not well known in Florida, but JD is. Also, the Simplicity dealer is 70 miles away, while the JD dealer is local. How important is that?

Thanks in advance!

2. I'm not familiar with either line of equipment but dealer support is important. All equipment needs repair and servicing. And if you can do it all yourself you'll still need parts.