1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Simplicity Champion 20/44 vs Hustler FasTrak 18/44

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Re-Ignition, Mar 10, 2006.

1. Re-Ignition

Re-Ignition LawnSite Member

Hello Guys... After a week or two of research I'm still not sure what I'm going to get, but I don't think I'm going to get the Cub Cadet. The CC guy called 3 times yesterday... it would take an awesome demo on my property for me to change my mind.

Unfortunately I'm still tall, as I mentioned in the earlier post so I need something that fits, also my property has moderate slopes 15 - 17 degrees. My property is only .50 acres but I'm getting the rider do to injuries.

On paper the Simplicity Champion 20/44 with a single cylinder Kohler / Courage looks good... I called a local dealer and he has a 2005 with suspension etc... for under $4000. That same dealer also has a Ferris IS1500Z 44 for $5400.

and the Hustler Fastrak has the 2 Cylinder Honda which I think is better than the Kohler reliability wise.

The Simplicity has seperate pumps and motors (10A Pump, 12P Motor) which I thought would be a little better for my slopes.?

The Fastrak has the IZT's and maybe some rebates this spring.? which should make it cheaper than the Ferris IS1500Z.

I'm going to check out all three tomorrow... the Ferris, Hustler, and Simplicity.

Any help would be appreciated.
  2. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I tried to send you a PM, but you're set up not to receive them... oh well.
  3. Re-Ignition

Re-Ignition LawnSite Member

I thought I had to be a member for 30 days before I could Tx or Rx PM's
  4. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'm not sure about 30 days but now that you mention it, I though I saw mentions of needing about 22-25 posts under you belt....hmmmmm?
  5. volfan615

volfan615 LawnSite Member

What was the verdict on this. I'm in the same boat now trying to deicde between the Simplicity Champion 20/50 or the Fastrak 20/52.
  6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i am now changing my vote: while simplicity is the best homeowner machine you can get. the service SUCKS!