Simplicity Citation Q's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToughAsStihl, Jul 21, 2006.

1. ToughAsStihl

ToughAsStihl LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Hi has anyone heard about this mower? Or has ever used one? I can get one for $6000 is this a good deal. It is the 52 inch version.

Thanks

2. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

It is almost a complete copy of the Ferris IS 1500Z- because they're made by the same company. The only difference may be is that the Simplicity has rear rollers standard. Check out the pictures...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Personally, I've never dealt with one, but my local dealer has said they're pretty reliable machines with a good cut, and he's an honest guy -even when it comes to sales. Hope this helps.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

it's a good commercial duty mower, might not be extra heavy duty, but simplicity has the best cut second to none.

4. ToughAsStihl

from Vermont

Does the suspension really work that well? Is it worth the $6000? Does anyone have first time experience with this mower? How does it rank against other mowers?

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I think you'll also find Snapper badges on some too.

6. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

test drove one, the suspension is great, really is worth the extra money, it allows you to go fast with out so many bumps, and makes a smooth ride.

7. Aadman

Aadman LawnSite Member
    from VA

In my humble opinion it is great. I have the 48 inch model. 6K for the 52 is a fair deal.

The suspension is really good. Also It doesn't seem to tear up the lawn on turns as much as I found with a Dixie Chopper. Maybe I just drove them differently.

I've kept the roll bars on because even with the counter weights on the front end it wants to go.

It cuts very good even at full throttle. I have the bagging unit with 3 bags.

I have 29 hours on mine. I have had to have the hydraulic for steering "tweaked" twice.

I'd buy another one.

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Is that a commercial machine? It sure doesnt look like it to me. I even looked at one when I was shopping around this spring and didnt even bother to ask if it was commercial because it looked like a home owner model but that doesnt mean its not a great machine.

9. ToughAsStihl

from Vermont

I think it's a commercial machine. It has fan cooled pumps, ROPS, fabricated deck. It seems to me its commercial or at least light duty commercial. Its only going to be used for around 15 yards. I am trying to find the best mower for the least amount of money and with a dealer near by. So its not going to be used for a full blown lawn care company just a small one.

Heres the link http://www.simplicitymfg.com/citation.php

10. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer told me that the citation's tip speed is around like 13500...instead of a commercial machine at 18500....or something like that...he said something like it was not a full "commercial" machine, therefore, the government regualtes the tip speed down to like 13500...just what he told me....btw, i looked at the citation before i bought my hustler mini z..and the reason i bought the hustler over that citation is mainly due to the tip speed...hope this helps