Simplicity citation review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dardoninc, Apr 29, 2007.

1. dardoninc

dardoninc LawnSite Member

I'am looking to buy a Simplicity citation 48" ZTR mower.
    Anybody have any experience with these that they can share
    Thnx

2. rebel77

rebel77 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Hi,
    I currently own one. I use it for my home. I have no problems so far.

3. dardoninc

rebel77 how long have you owned it and are you happy with it

4. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

hehe... a man of few words. :laugh:

I can't help you here, but I do know that Simplicity does have good machines overall...

5. BNS

BNS LawnSite Member

That is because they are built by Ferris. They really know their stuff about commercial mowers.

6. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

not exactly! ferris is (was) owned by simplicity mfg>>>>>>>>>

Simplicity Joins Briggs & Stratton
    On July 4, 2004, Briggs & Stratton Corporation acquired Simplicity Manufacturing and its companies Snapper, Ferris Industries and Giant-Vac. The purchase represents Briggs & Stratton's first attempt to serve the lawn and garden industry directly. Briggs & Stratton believes this acquisition will allow it to build closer relationships with its OEM and retail customers from an operational, sales and marketing standpoint.

7. BNS

BNS LawnSite Member

Correct. Ferris was bought by Simplicity Mfg. Who in turn was bought by Briggs and Stratton. Briggs has allowed Ferris to build their brand models as desired. Ferris does however build models for Simplicity (Citation, Consumer Z, Cobalt, and Pacer) for Massey Ferguson (Consumer Z) and for Snapper (Consumer Z, a version of Ferris' Hydrocut, and coming soon the Snapper Pro line). Nmurph, this is in no way to start a peeing match. Just want all to know what they are purchasing and using.

8. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

what mowers does Simplicity manufacture? are you a dealer/rep?

9. BNS

BNS LawnSite Member

As far as ZTRs go, they produce the Javelin and the Axion. They also build their own Garden, Lawn, Riding Tractors, Utlity vehicles, and Snow Blowers. No, not a dealer or Rep., I live less than five minutes from Ferris and have many friends that work there.

10. dardoninc

I just purchased one
    Thanks for your help