simplicity citation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by luv2mow, Aug 13, 2005.

1. luv2mow

luv2mow LawnSite Member

While i am in the posting mood. For those of you on here who have purchased the new Simplicity Citation. I have found your posts very helpful. Now that you have mowed with them alot more how do you feel about your mowers now. The local dealer quoted me a price of $4900 for the 21 hp, 48 inch deck. Thanks!

2. mow4fun

mow4fun LawnSite Member

I really love my Citation and it really does a great job, I put the mulching kit on and it cuts great. It took me a while, but driving it is so much fun on top of that.

3. goodgreen

goodgreen LawnSite Senior Member

Is that a commercial grade?

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yea to me they look very well built i have never owned or ran one, but i know they look commercial high end .

5. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

theese are long lasting, high preforming machines

6. lzrj

lzrj LawnSite Member

First post did not go through so lets try this again......I am also looking at a citation to purchase. At $4900 that is a great deal. The dealer must be trying to clear out the 05 models. The dealers around here are still asking $5300 for the 05 Citation. Get one while they last because the 06 models will be around $5,700. Let me know if that is the price before or after talking them down. The only differents between the 05 and 06 models are the 06's will have the front springs and a roll over protection bar. Neither of those are really worth the extra $800 cost. From what I have researched, the Citation is marketed as a large estate homeowner model and the brother of the citation, the Ferris IS1500, is marketed as a commericial mower. They come off the same assembly line. The Citaiton has a B&S Vanguard engine while the Ferris has a Kawasaki. Both are great engines. I have researched every mower in the $5000 to $6000 price range and the Simplicity (Ferris) are tops on my list.

7. ccins

ccins LawnSite Member

I just purchased a Hustler Mini Z with 52" deck and 19hp Kawasaki. It normally sells for $7799 but is currently on sale for $5999. I have been looking at mowers for over a year. I was leaning toward the Citation untill this deal came along on the Hustler. I like the heavier frame, Kawasaki engine, lift-up floor for access to belt, and overall feel.

8. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Under powered 19 horse on a 52 inch cut, take or leave it just my 2 cents,scag would have been a great mower for you 25 kaw on a 52 inch cut.