1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Simplicity legacy

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kbcjlc, Apr 4, 2002.

1. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

I am thinking about buying a big tractor which is Simplicity Legacy. It will do the work for residental or commerical property. Also am looking at Husqvarna Walkin with pro slide and electric start.

Anyone have these equipments? Will apperciate if you give me your feedback.

2. My dad has the landlord from simplicity he loves its. As far as homeowner garden tractors go for. I would say simplicity would be the best . But take it what is is worth there is a huge difference between mowing lawns with a tractor and a ztr. You will cut 5 times as fast with a ztr. The price of a legacy is around 9000 . You could buy a top of the line ztr with that money spent.
    As far as the husqvarna goes there are so many I would prefer over them , like dixie,hustler,ferris,examrk. If you want to purchase a husqvarna look into there yazoo kees line. Hope this helps you
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I have used a Legacy ('98 model) that had the 20hp twin Kohler and a 48" left hand discharge deck. Very nice tractor. The Simplicity's mow fast ( I think the have 9mph ground speed and I know someone who mows that fast with it) and turn very tight for GT's, and a Legacy does have power steering, foot pedal drive, cruise, tilt steering, adjustable seat, etc, super nice tractor but if all you do is mow a ZTR would be alot more effecient and alittle cheaper maybe too. But if you need to do more than mow, the Legacy is a great choice.

4. Bruce

Bruce LawnSite Member
    from MN

I have a 99 Model Legacy.Nice tractor But if you are going to use it for mowing.I would consider buying a mid mount instead.much faster.and easier to maneuver around.It has the 25HP kolher .Had to have the engine rebuilt at 650 hours. also the full width rollers like to dig into the grass if its not a nice lawn.Does a nice stripping job when your on good turf though. good luck with whatever you buy. Bruce
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

If your considering a tractor, you must not be in this business. Tractors are for homeowners. Yes, they have their place here too, but the size, type, brand you are describing doesn't. If you need a tractor, make sure it has loader capabilities, 3pt hitch, rear PTO, etc. Simplicity, simply doesn't have these.

Go with a "COMMERCIAL" ZTR if you need a rider, it will SAVE you money! (Those Simplicity's aren't cheap!)
  6. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. If it has a steering wheel on it, it won't be much for cuttin grass.

Sounds a heck of a lot nicer than any car I ever drove, though! Think I'll check the web for a picture, maybe trade in the Mustang.
  7. Bruce

Bruce LawnSite Member
    from MN

Just a reminder The legacy does have a front loader,3pt hitch ,and PTO only if you order it with it.