Simplicity Mower Brand

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMiller08, Jun 24, 2008.

1. JMiller08

JMiller08 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys i am in the market for a used walkbehind. I am short on cash just starting up. I am taking it slow. I am currently using a 22 in pusher. I found this mower on craigslist. What do you think? ANyone have experiance with the brand? Pros Cons? Striping pics? Any comments/criticism/suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.:usflag:

Here is the link:

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/grd/727902810.html

2. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

its a homeowner's mower. keep that in mind. it also probably is only 12 gauge steel which wont withstand the beatings of daily abuse. another thing, that briggs intek engine is junk. if you really needed a walkbehind that bad then i'd offer 700 for it. if he takes it, great. if not, you could find way better commercial walkbehinds out there. i just recently sold a tank bobcat for 800. keep looking and eventually you will find the right mower. goodluck.

3. eatonpcat

eatonpcat LawnSite Bronze Member

Go to the Mower Shop in Medina on Pearl Road and see if they have any used mowers (trade-ins). They have always given me a fair price and service the equipment they sell.

4. I was at my local Scag dealer who also sells Simplicity mowers. The same mower is on sale for $1900.00 down from $2999.00. They told me that Simplicity is made by Ferris and many of the parts on the mower have the Ferris logo stamped on them. Just food for thought.